Monday, April 16, 2012

Bare Minerals SPF30 Natural Sunscreen

I have been remiss and I am going to start catching up with one of my new favorite products.  This powder formula contains Micronized Titanium Dioxide to protect against UVA/UVB rays.  It comes in a round tube only 4 inches high and 1 1/2 inches in diameter.  You take off the cap and twist the bottom to extend the brush.  To get the make up on the brush, you twist to "open," turn in upside down and shake until the powder appears on the brush.  I was a little skeptical of this because I've tried a few other products with this concept (at least one was a sponge instead of a brush) and they didn't work very well.  This comes out very easily.  Once you have enough on the brush, turn it back to "buff" and apply it to your face using a circular motion.

I haven't had occasion to really test out the sun protection properties, I just like it as a powder.  I also have not used it on my body which it says you can do.  Since I carry it in my purse though, I'm sure I will at some point when I am in a pinch.  I love the way it goes on and seems to melt into your skin.  If you get too much, just keep using the brush to blend it in.

There are some cons but, personally, nothing that would stop me from using it.  1) It only comes in 3 shades.  Even though it is a sunscreen, it does have color and if you get the wrong one, it will show.  If you aren't sure, go lighter.  I couldn't find a release date but it may be a newer product so hopefully they will come out with more shades.  2) There is a tendency for a small "cloud" to form while applying and, if you breathe it in through your mouth, it's a little irritating to your throat.  Apparently Dr. Oz has weighed in on this issue http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/price-beauty.  I don't think the small amount you might get by inhaling a little while applying is really going to make a difference.  Of course, I don't worry much about the chemicals in beauty products although whether out of naivete or stupidity, I'm not sure.  3) No mirror.  You almost don't need one but...almost.

I think the pros outweigh the cons.  I lightweight, portable sunscreen that also helps your skin look good?  Yes, please!  I have a bad habit of not removing my make up on the weekends and with this, I haven't noticed any breakouts.  The brush, besides being retractable, is removable for easy cleaning (something else I have yet to do).  It's hard to tell how much is in the bottle (?) but a little goes a long way so I think it will last.  Whether or not you spend a lot of time in the sun, I recommend trying this product.

http://www.bareescentuals.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BareEscentuals-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=50339&utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=AskAndAnswer&utm_content=Default

No comments:

Post a Comment