Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pureology Super Smooth Shampoo

Note to self: do not ask for a shampoo recommendation from a new stylist.  They will just push on you whatever the salon is hawking that month.  That's how I discovered Pureology Super Smooth Shampoo.  I told her I was looking for a less expensive alternative to Alterna (Alterna alternative...hehe).  She recommended this for my hair type and I didn't ask about the price because I told her how much the Alterna costs ($32).  When they rang it up, it was $27!  I guess I should have been more specific that I was looking for a more significant reduction in cost. 

So, to the chase.  It is an ok shampoo although my hair did not seem any smoother.  The smell is a little strong for me and sort of smells like flowers only fake.  The worst part is that it made me break out terribly on my shoulders and back.  I have to be careful because I have issues with that but as long as I keep my hair off my back and shoulders until it is dry, I am usually ok.  Not so in this case.  I had all these painful bumps not to mention how bad it looked.  No one wants that but it is especially bad in the summer time.  I really wouldn't recommend this shampoo.  You can get something better in a drugstore for a quarter of the price.  I don't think I'd try any of their other products either.  Aside from this bad experience, their packaging is boring and doesn't catch the eye.  And sadly, it is that that usually gets me!

http://www.pureology.com/systems/super-smooth/shampoo

No comments:

Post a Comment