Friday, September 30, 2011

La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Lotion

While trying some new foundations in Nordstrom's, I got into a conversation with the sales lady about Le Mer.  She talked about how great the products are and how she never uses anything else and she really had beautiful skin.  I already knew they were expensive so I asked for a sample.  The La Mer liaison came out and introduced herself and gave me a .17 ounce sample (street value = $50).  I took it home and tried it.  You are supposed to "warm a small amount between your fingertips" and pat it on your face.  The smell was interesting (kind of marine-y).  I think some people wouldn't like it but I thought it was ok.  And you weren't able to smell it once it was on.  When I got to work, I looked up the site and saw the price for a full 2 ounces.  $210...what?!?!  I read a little more about the company.  I mean, for that price I expected it to be manufactured in an enchanted forest with ingredients like unicorn tears (which everyone knows have magical healing powers).  Well, it was quite that but they do have an interesting back story.  The Miracle Broth was developed by aerospace physicist Max Huber, to help heal scars he had suffered in a lab accident.  He experimented with sea kelp and bio-fermentation.  It worked and he (and then his daughter) marketed and sold the product until Estee Lauder bought the rights to manufacture and exploit, oops, I mean, sell it.

So, does it work?  Sadly, I think it does.  I say sadly because now I am in the predicament of deciding whether or not to spend that much money on a face lotion.  I will say that the sample lasted me almost 2 months so you would probably have to buy it twice a year.  (I sometimes don't wash my face again in the morning - just rinse it with water - and I really felt like I didn't have to with this.)  It doesn't have spf so they also sell a separate spf 30 lotion for the bargain price $70 for 1.4 ounces.  I feel like it made my face smoother and got rid of the bumps on my chin.  My budget will probably not allow me to remain bump-free but if you can afford it, I think it's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment