Thursday, November 17, 2011

Giorgio Armani Face Fabric foundation

I have totally been remiss with my reviews and I apologize.  I'm going to try to "make-up" for it as the holidays approach.  And the best place to start is the foundation.  I have never been a big fan of liquid foundation.  I know it gives the best coverage but I just never liked the way it feels.  But, with the shorter days and lack of sunlight, I need to do something to keep people from constantly checking my pulse.  So, I did some research.  I had never used Girgio Armani make up but the Face Fabric got rave reviews.  I went to Nordstrom's so I could try it on first.  She put on color 1 and my face was transformed.  I wondered though, if it would still be the same when I put it on at home using my fingers instead of a sponge.  I decided to give it a try.  It turned out to be way to light for me!  If looking warmer than death was my goal, this was not the shade for me.  I went back to exchange it and got color 2.  This one is great.  It has a velvety feel and smooths out my skin tone and wrinkles.  Once it's on, I can't even feel it.  It only comes in 7 shades so it might be hard to match but if you can find a color that suits you, I highly recommend it.  The price tag is a little hefty but, like many good cosmetics, a little goes a long way!

http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/face-fabric-foundation-spf-12/A247,default,pd.html

Tip:  (from the make up counter girl) when trying on make up in a department store, hold the mirror above your head and look up.  This helps block some of the flourescent lights and gives you a better idea of the real color.  (from me) walk around the store or mall a bit to see the make up in different lights.  Even go outside if you can.  It's also a great way to not be pressured into buying something you aren't sure of.

No comments:

Post a Comment