Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Jergens Natural Glow Self Tanner

In general, I am not a big fan of sunless tanning products (including many bronzers).  I feel like they just can't quite get the color right.  And I've tried everything from over-the-counter, to professional spray tans, to Mystic tan.  Even if I don't end up looking like John Boehner, it seems to get in my pores causing tiny dark dots.  Like blackheads.  NOT the look I am going for!

While on a beach weekend recently, I noticed that a very pale friend of mine's legs were darker than mine.  Not that that is difficult to do but this chick is even fairer than I.  She told me she'd been using Jergens Natural Glow.  Not one to let past failures stand in my way, I went and bought some right away.  The first thing I noticed was that it didn't have the smell of many self tanners.  I used a Suave version that you could still smell after a shower.  It went on just like a regular moisturizer and didn't take very long to dry.  I woke up the next morning with my legs a shade slightly darker than death.  I used it for three days in a row and, as advertised, the color grew gradually darker.  After the 3rd day I didn't use it that night.  Not too much fading the next day but by the 2nd day, it seemed to be turning an orange-y hue as it faded.  However, using it again took care of this.  There was also no streaking or splotches even around my ankles and toes.  I used the fair to medium option since I don't want to stray too far from my natural skin tone.  I am just looking to make my legs match my arms.  The color does not look 100% like a natural tan but it's the closest I've come.



http://www.jergens.com/products/natural-glow/3-days-to-glow.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment