Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream and Shiseido Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector

It's that time of year again when we think about sunscreen protection even though we should think of it all year round!  I've been looking for one product I can put on in the morning to give me a little color, protect me from harmful uv rays and help keep oiliness at bay.  During my search I came across a new BB cream from Shiseido.  I have never used their products although I am aware of their great reputation and they are one of the oldest skincare companies.  As I was buying this, I was telling the sales clerk about my issues and she said she used the Urban Environment Protector because it was water resistant and helped control oil.  Unfortunately I had already made my purchase and decided to do ahead since I had read some good reviews.  It is a decent product and not exorbitantly priced.  It only comes in two colors (but I think a lot of products limit their selection during the "first release" phase).  The color was a little dark for me and it didn't spread very smoothly so I had to be careful to blend it into my neck so I didn't have "kabuki face."  It gave decent coverage and seemed to last but alas, it did not control my oil well enough.

I returned it and was looking at some other products when a saleslady offered me a sample of the Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector.  I bought something else and took both home.  This one comes in three colors and the medium was a nice match.  It spread a little better than the BB Cream but other than that I had the same problem.  I don't feel it had any better oil control than the other.  In the end, if I were to recommend one, I would say try the BB Cream.  Even though it was a little harder to apply I think it gave better coverage and a nicer finish.  And I would recommend trying it if you don't have oily skin.  Keep in mind that it is all about what you are looking for.  If you are using a BB Cream to replace moisturizer and primer, you have a lot more choices.  But, if you're like me and want one product to provide those things plus sunscreen and color that gives a matte finish, you have to look a little harder.  And I will!







No comments:

Post a Comment