Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dr. Brandt Blemishes No More Oil-free Hydrator

Even at my age (which we'll just say is "out of my 20s") I still get occasional breakouts.  Usually it's when I am out partying like I'm still in my 20s and don't remove my make up before bed.  I was looking for something that would help and wouldn't give me shine, an on-going battle in my life. 

Dr. Brandt is another dermatologist to the stars who released his own skincare line.  I like the idea because I feel like they are more involved in actually creating the product unlike a model, actress, or fashion designer.

This is an oil-free product with Dr. Brandt's Active Impurity Shield.  The main acne fighting ingredient is salicylic acid.  There's really only one other that I know of, benzoyl peroxide.  On my skin (ok my back!) benzoyl seems to work better but, on my face, I like salicylic acid.  There is no rhyme or reason, it's just what I've found.  So, if you use products with one and they don't seem to work, try the other.

It's a light moisturizer and it doesn't have any serious anti-aging properties.  I don't use it every day but when I have a flare up, I find a couple days of using this calms everything down.  And lately, since it's been so humid, I find myself using it more and more.  I like it enough that I just ordered a second tube.



http://www.drbrandtskincare.com/product/-blemishes+no+more+oil+free+hydrator.do?sortby=ourPicks

No comments:

Post a Comment