Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pond's Luminous Finish BB Cream and Hourglass Illusion® Hyaluronic Skin Tint

I decided to review these two together because I found them to be very similar. The Hourglass name is a bit deceiving as it is thicker than what I would think of when seeing the words "skin tint." Both products area thicker liquid so you have to make sure to blend them really well when applying. I never use a sponge but I believe it would work well. Both offer medium coverage but trying to build that up will mostly cause caking. The Pond's product only comes in two shades but has tone correcting complex which is supposed to help it match your skin tone. Both products need a few minutes to "melt" into your skin and then look pretty natural (the Hourglass is a bit more visible). They both seem to last pretty well throughout the day especially if you set them with powder. They both also have spf 15 protection.

So what is the difference? About 40-45 dollars. The Hourglass is a bit more natural looking and offers a wider range of colors. However, after several days of use it made me breakout in small bumps. Not super noticeable but not something anyone wants. In my opinion, the Hourglass is not worth the price. The Pond's may be slightly inferior but the cost savings outweigh any deficiencies. In the end I returned the Hourglass and kept the Pond's. I just bought some Armani BB Cream to try but I will still keep the Pond's. It's great for weekend days when you want to run some errands. Aside from giving you a little color correction, you're getting some spf protection which is always good.



Pond's http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?N=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=All&srchtree=1&Ntt=ponds+bb+cream&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&CSRFToken=NrwT4CDQq%2BZbSMkqzdeN81PU7JBH9tnyNABhE6jCZi0%3D



Hourglass http://www.hourglasscosmetics.com/illusion-hyaluronic-skin-tint

No comments:

Post a Comment