Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Diorskin NUDE BB Cream

Apparently Dior thinks people only come in four shades - white, whiter, whitest, and tan.

I found this BB cream by searching all BB creams on Sephora and sorting by highest rated.  This had an amazing 4.5 stars with 47 reviews and was the first one listed.  I checked out the reviews and the only negative ones were about dryness which is not a problem for me.  I wasn't confident choosing a color online so I went into the store to buy it.  I am pretty pale but I had to get the 3rd darkest one.  I'm not sure if vampires use BB cream but the lightest color might not be too light for them.  The only reason I was looking for a new BB cream is because the shine kind of wore off my Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream.  It still worked but I thought I could find something better.  Well, I did get the shine back.  Unfortunately it's on my face.  I couldn't be more surprised after reading the reviews about it drying out skin.  It goes on fine, pretty sheer coverage but it's buildable.  The color is nice and it did even out my skin tone.  However, by the time I got to work, the shine was already coming through.  And putting powder over top only helped minimally.  This morning I tried washing my face before applying (I've changed my skin care routine and usually only splash my face with water in the morning and then add extra eye cream before BB cream, foundation, tinted moisturizer/treatments, etc.) and there is no difference.  I thought about seeing how it worked with a primer but then I realized, why should I have to make up for a product's deficiencies?  I shouldn't.  It should work as it claims to.  So this will be going back to the store and I will be going back to my Smashbox until I see something else that intrigues me.




http://www.dior.com/beauty/int/en/makeup/face/foundations/fluidfoundationsbl/y0747200/py0747200-cfoundation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment