Friday, December 9, 2011

The Mascara Wave #1 - Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara

As a birthday present to myself, I got a sampler of mascara from Sephora.  I'll be reviewing these as I try them.  It's all very exciting!  Up first is a volumizing mascara from Bare Minerals.  I never really got on the Bare Minerals band wagon so this is my first experience (not counting Buxom which I learned is owned by the same company along with MD Formulations).

So, I'll just come right out and say it, "I am very impressed!"  It claims to volumize your lashes up to 600% after two coats.  I don't know about all that but they definitely look more lush.  And yet they are still soft.  It also looks like I have more lashes.  It has a thick, soft brush that easily captures all your lashes.  I have to admit I was not very excited about this one.  The packaging is just a boring, plain black.  However, when the product inside is this good, I guess you don't need a lot of flash!  Highly recommended.

http://www.bareescentuals.com/Flawless-Definition-Volumizing-Mascara---Black/masterfdmvolume,default,pd.html?start=4&cgid=BE_SUB_MASCARA

Tip: If you have a problem area on your lashes (just one spot that doesn't seem to lengthen as much), try using the mascara wand vertically.  It really works.

2 comments:

  1. Did you notice any smudging? Ever since Neutrogena discontinued their wax-free formula I have had difficulty finding a good mascara that doesn't give me raccoon eyes. My skin is fairly oily so it is a tall order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem. I've been wearing this one the most and I've noticed only minimal smudging. Sometimes I get a mark where my eyelashes touch my eyelid. I don't wear it on my bottom lashes (although that doesn't even matter with some) and I haven't had a problem with it running.

    ReplyDelete