Friday, December 30, 2011

John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour

Because I am a menace with hair color, every now and then I decide I don't need to color my hair.  After all, greys are a natural part of life, right?  Then I catch a glimpse of myself in certain lighting and, after the shock has worn off, I run out and buy some home hair color right away.  I am very interested in the new foam colors because I make such a mess.  I usually end up with it all over my bathroom, my ears, the back of my neck and my forearms.  But my last try with foam hair color did not go so well and although I never reviewed it, I tried the L'Oreal Sublime Mousse first.  The foam was thick but it didn't cover my greys at all.  Being the optimist that I am, I decided to try another brand.

The John Frieda is the only other one that is sold widely in drugstores.  I got mine at CVS and it was a little more expensive than L'Oreal or Clairol but I bet you could find it on sale for a better price.  You should always read the instructions and perform an allergy test (I don't but you should!).  The biggest difference in this is that you don't shake the developer and color to mix them.  You just gently tilt it from side to side.  The gloves that came with it were professional grade and went up an inch or two farther than the ones you usually get which was really nice.  However, the fact that they are black kind of made me feel like the Russian scientist getting ready to torture information out of a captured spy.  The foam was pretty thick and went on easily enough.  At first I felt like it wasn't saturating my hair but I was probably not applying it properly.  The directions on this step were very vague.  In the end it did cover all my hair although it didn't look as "foamy" as the picture in the instructions.  The smell was neutral.  I left it on for 30 minutes.  It rinsed out very quickly in the shower and I applied conditioner from the generous tube included.

The final result:  the color is very natural looking (sometimes with dark brown it looks black for the first few washings), it covered most of my greys (I've got some resistant little buggers right in front of my ears), and the smell of the conditioner is lovely.  I don't think it helped condition my hair but it didn't damage it either.  All in all, a nice (and except for one blob on my toilet seat), mess-free experience.  I will definitely use it again.

http://www.johnfrieda.com/en-US/homecolour/precision-foam-colour/

No comments:

Post a Comment