Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Mascara Wave #10 - Too Faced LashGASM

When you name your product LashGASM, you are setting the expectation bar pretty high!  I don't think it quite meets those expectations although it could maybe be called LashTINGLE.  It's been several months since I reviewed a new mascara because I found a couple I like and have been using those.  But, in my quest to find the best products for myself and for you, I opened this mini from the sampler I got from Sephora way back in December of 2011. 

As you can probably tell from my above comment, I really like this product.  It gives a nice, medium lash - not too much for daytime and not too wimpy for night.  And you can layer it for a more dramatic evening look.  It's got the short rubber bristles that are so popular now and it says each bristle has a hook on the end.  I can't see that with my naked eye.  My biggest problem is the amount and thickness of my lashes.  This enhances the latter while making the former seem more abundant.  They also don't get crunchy which is a huge plus.  The only problem I've found is that it does smear a little.  But, I really mean a little.  Every now and then I have to swipe a little smudge from my eyelid but it doesn't bleed down under my eyes (I mostly only wear mascara on my top lashes except when I use Clinique's Bottom Lash).  I think the biggest problem with all mascaras is that after a month or so, they don't work as well.  I think it's the nature of the beast because the product is always going to get compromised by oxygen.  I wish they would sell the mini versions.  It would be cheaper and you wouldn't feel like you had to keep using a mascara that no longer worked because you paid so much for it.


I am honestly undecided on whether or not I will buy a full size.  If I decide to, I'll update this post but I do think it's worth a try.  It is my favorite daily mascara of all the ones I've tried so far.


https://www.toofaced.com/p-487-lashgasm-mascara.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment