Thursday, January 2, 2014

Rimmel The Max Volume Flash waterproof mascara

A friend of mine who is familiar with my issues with mascaras that smear sent me this to try since it is waterproof (it doesn't come in a regular formula).  Even though I don't like having mascara rings around my eyes, I usually shy away from waterproof formulas because they tend to make your lashes too stiff and aren't build-able.  Maybe I've stayed away too long because this is flexible, build-able and stays on through sweat and tears (hey, what can I say, the holidays are an emotional time).  Unfortunately there are some downfalls that will keep this from being a new favorite.  Although you can't tell from the picture, the brush is very large and the head barely tapers at all which makes it unwieldy.  It also doesn't give enough volume.  Two coats is not enough for even the daytime.  For e, volume is key. 

If you're looking for a subtle, smear-proof look, this might just me worth a try.









http://us.rimmellondon.com/products/eyes/volume-flash-max-waterproof




No comments:

Post a Comment