Thursday, July 24, 2014

L'Oreal Mousse Absolue reusable hair color

What?  Reusable hair color?  Yes, it's true.  L'Oreal came up with a little miracle.  Thanks to the new grey-detecting lights in new office, I had to color my hair immediately.  I don't usually like to color all my hair, just the roots.  I honestly don't mind if there are a few greys, it looks more natural to me.  So, I figured I would get some Root Touch Up again.  While browsing, I came across this.  The word "reusable" caught my eye so I shelled out the $14.99 and went home excited to try it.

It comes with two tubes of color and developer held together by plastic wrapping with a protective cap on top, an applicator top, 2 sets of black gloves, and conditioner.  I was not impressed with the gloves and highly suggest that, if you often color at home, you buy a box of latex gloves.  You can use them when applying the color and use the ones in the box for rinsing your hair.  The biggest thing they stress in the directions is to shake it, shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture.  You shake it with the protective cap on and then, with it pointed away from you, attach the applicator cap, making sure it clicks into place.  I didn't really hear the clicks but made sure it was on.  Then you just apply it to your hair where needed.  You have to shake it often and not tilt it too much or the color won't mix properly.  It came out pretty light and I was worried that I wasn't getting enough color until I spilled some on my new toilet seat.  Trust me, there was plenty of color.  Leave it on for 30 minutes, rinse in the shower (or wherever you care to do that sort of thing), add conditioner, rinse that and voila!  Now, I like to wash my hair before adding the conditioner, making sure I use a color-friendly shampoo.  I don't know if it makes it less effective but they do it in the salon and the instructions from eSalon tell you to wash it.

So, is it worth it?  I believe it is.  It didn't completely cover my grey but, as I said, that's not really my point.  It turned some of it a lighter brown, which is what I guess it's supposed to do.  I know that when I look in the mirror at work I'm not shocked and horrified.  And I have enough left for one or two more applications.  All in all I think this is a huge advancement in hair color and I think L'Oreal stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park.




http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/brands/hair-color/mousse-absolue.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment