Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil

Tea tree oil?  That's so yesterday!  Argan oil is where it's at.  Jose Maran has made argan oil (also known as Moroccan oil) the base of her cosmetics line launched in 2007.  I got my travel-sized bottle with bonus points from Sephora.  It really is 100% argan oil - no other ingredients.  It comes in a glass bottle with a dropper lid.  You can use it anywhere on your body.  Now, I'm not a huge "natural cosmetics" girl.  I always say, "if nature was so great we wouldn't have had to invent other stuff."  However, sometimes nature does get it right.  I love this stuff.  I keep it in my purse so I can use it anytime, anywhere.  I use it on my hair, my elbows, my cuticuls, and anything else that gets dry.  It really helps moisturize and somehow doesn't feel oily.  Pretty amazing for an oil!  It's also produced by a women's cooperative in Morocco and profits from the sales help support the women and the entire community.  Luckily they now harvest the pits directly from the tree instead of the the waste of argan tree-grazing goats.

I think that you could buy any brand but be careful to make sure it is 100% and intended for cosmetic use and not cooking!

http://www.josiemarancosmetics.com/shop/favorites/organic-argan-oil

No comments:

Post a Comment