Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hourglass Film Noir Lash Lacquer

This is my second Hourglass product and, so far, I am not impressed.  It's supposed to take your lashes from "day to night" by fanning "lashes out to sensational proportions" with its latex-like formula and special brush.  The brush is like a lipstick brush.  The directions say to hold it horizontally and apply using short, painterly strokes.  Even though I wiped off the excess on the edge (which I hate when you have to do that too much because it ruins the tube and, I believe, compromises the product), it is very wet and messy.  It says it works best with lengthening and defining mascara.  I tried it with Lash Stiletto, they're Real!, and alone.  It seemed to work best with the Lash Stiletto.  Alone, it made my lashes longer but they looked really thin.  With they're Real!, it made a clumpy mess.  This is because you don't really need it.  If you're going to spend the money, I recommend spending $22 on they're Real! instead of using this $28 enhancer and having to purchase a separate mascara.

http://www.hourglasscosmetics.com/index.php?type=eyes&item=eyes_filmnoirLashLacquer

No comments:

Post a Comment