Friday, August 17, 2012

Too Faced 3 Way Lash Lining Tool

Liquid eyeliner has been around since the 60s and it has it's pros and cons.  It usually stays on longer than pencil and gives you a very definitive line.  On the con side, you have to be very quick and precise and it gives you a very definitive line.  In the past, I have used liquid eyeliner with a little black eye shadow smudged over it to soften the line because that is the look I like.  This new lash lining "tool" from Too Faced is a little different although you could probably achieve the same look with a single point eyeliner, it would just take a little more work. 
 

As you can see, the tip consists of 3 prongs.  You can use these to create dots in between your eyelashes giving the appearance of thicker lashes.  This is mostly how I use it.  I actually don't think it shows much without mascara, but when you add mascara, it definitely makes it look like you have more lashes.  The second way to use it is to create a tightline near your lashes.  You can do this by going either above or below your lash line.  I prefer to go above so I don't accidentally get it on my water line.  I read a review that said it works on the water line but I haven't found that to be true.  It might be ok if you did top and bottom, but if you only do the top, it will bleed down onto your bottom and outside your eye.  The third way to use it is to slightly angle it to give yourself a thicker line.  You can turn it up at the end for a Cat's eye look.  Be warned though, this will give you the 60s, Brigitte Bardo look.  I love how dark this is and I feel like I have a lot of control when using it.  It really doesn't budge once it's dry.  I love that but it can also be a con.  If you take your time, this is a great new "tool" to add to your collection.

 (I recommend watching the video on their site to see it in action)

No comments:

Post a Comment