Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain and Lipstain + Balm

This is first and foremost a knock-off of Tarte LipSurgence natural lip tint, right down to the peppermint aroma but at less than half the price.  So is it worth it?  I got this in Honey which is a brownish pink color.  The color is very nice although it doesn't seem to go on as smoothly as the Tarte.  The color stays on ok if you're not eating or drinking (and I'm pretty sure it would come off from kissing!) but it doesn't chap your lips like some other lip stains do.  As I said in my post on Tarte, I find the darker colors stain a little better and that might be part of the problem with this.  I also like that you don't have to use a sharpener, just turn it up from the bottom.  I would recommend giving this a try if you are looking for something light with a great smell that will not dry out your lips.  Be careful not to confuse it with Revlon's Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm, which is what I originally wanted to get.  That one is a true lipstain that has a separate top coat.  Why you would call two products almost the identical name is beyond me (although it is a great name).  I bought one of those in Twilight (ignoring all book/movie associations).  As with other lips stains, this goes on like a felt tip marker and you have to be very careful, quick and precise.  However, the color stays on much longer.  Unfortunately, the packaging was incredibly hard to remove and the balm came off with the end cap so I wasn't able to use it (I used one from another long lasting lipstick).  I would try this if you are looking for longer lasting color and don't mind the 2-step process.  Just be careful when you're taking off the plastic!



http://www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Products/Lips/Lipstain/Just-Bitten-Kissable-Balm-Stain.aspx
http://www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Products/Lips/Lipstain/Just-Bitten-Lip-Stain.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment