Friday, May 9, 2014

Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel

I have mentioned before that, while I no longer have many blackheads or whiteheads, I still have problems with acne "bumps," especially on my chin and beside my nose.  This new product had great reviews so I thought I would give it a try.  The first thing I noticed is that it dries very quickly.  And I mean VERY quickly.  You have to dab on spots in quadrants of your face because it dries so fast.  At first I used it in the morning and night but, after a few days, I started only using it in the morning and went back to using my Algenist at night.  (I have this weird thing where I don't like to layer on too many products.)  I think it would be extremely drying to use on your whole face twice a day.  It has now been a couple of weeks and I still can tell any difference.  I still have just as many bumps on my face as I did before and my skin is a bit drier now.  I think this may be a good product for someone who has serious whitehead breakouts and some reviewers said they used it only as a spot treatment.  In the end, the main acne fighting ingredient is 1% salicylic acid which is the same thing that is in my Dr. Brandt moisturizer.  I'm not sure why you would add an extra step.  If there are other ingredients that help, it would serve them well to list them instead of "Clinique’s four-in-one Clearing Complex" which means nothing.

If you have severe acne, I would think anything is worth a try and you can get a half an ounce for $17 which isn't so bad.  Otherwise, I would look for a multi-tasking product that will help with acne. 

http://www.clinique.com/products/spp/index.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT1672&PRODUCT_ID=PROD29793


No comments:

Post a Comment