Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dr. Brandt Flaws No More r3p Cream

I scream, you scream, we all scream for...peptides?  Peptides, what the heck are those?  Well, from my layman's perspective, this is how I understand it.  The collagen in our skin is made up of long strings of amino acids.  When collagen breaks down, it forms shorter chains called peptides which signals the skin to "fix" the skin by producing more collagen.  By applying these manufactured peptides to the skin, the theory is that will ramp up the collagen production making your face look younger and less wrinkled.

I was lucky to try a large sample of this to really get a good feel for the product.  The first thing I noticed was the smell.  It smelled kind of metallic.  Once you put it on your face though, you could no longer detect the scent.  It is a very thick, rich cream and I like the way it went on.  I felt like it gave my face a soft, sort of matte texture while still moisturizing.  I only wash my face at night anymore so that's the only time I applied it.  In the morning I rinse my face with water, add more eye cream, and apply my Smashbox BB cream.  This was a great product for that routine.  It kept my face moisturized but not greasy.  I am beginning to think there really is no miracle cure out there.  Our skin is going to age.  We are going to have wrinkles.  But a product can help minimize the telltale signs of aging.  (Maybe they should call it Flaws But Less.)  The biggest downside is the price tag ($125).  It will keep me searching for a cheaper alternative.  However, if I do decide to splurge, this product is at the top of my list.



http://www.drbrandtskincare.com/product/flaws+no+more+r3p+cream.do?sortby=ourPicks

No comments:

Post a Comment