Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Organix Moraccan Oil Weightless Healing Oil and Alterna Bamboo Kendi Oil Dry Mist

In August of 2011 I wrote about Argan oil (also called Moroccan oil) for the first time.  Then back in June, I wrote about Moroccan Oil's Frizz Control.  I really liked the product and although I sometimes used it as a treatment by spraying it in dry hair, it made it look greasy so it had to be shampooed out.  It helped my hair more than any other product I'd tried but it still wasn't enough to conquer the humidity of a DC summer.  I really liked the spray because I felt like it was more evenly distributed through my hair.  So I began looking into products I can use on dry hair.  On Sephora, I discovered Alterna Bamboo Kendi Oil Dry Mist.  My first post ever was about my Alterna conditioner so I ordered it immediately even though I hadn't heard of Kendi oil.  It turns out to be another nut oil, this one from Indonesia.  I started using the spray in two ways.  First, I would spray it on towel dried hair.  Just like the Moroccan Oil Frizz Control, if I got to a bad tangle, I'd just give it an extra pump and my comb would glide right through.  Second, I would use it right after drying my hair and whenever it got a little unruly.  It seemed like I couldn't use too much in between washings (every 2-3 days).  However, when I realized how quickly I was going through it, I realized this was going to be pretty pricey to sustain and so I went searching again.  This time for a cheaper alternative.

I found the Organix Moroccan Oil Dry Healing Oil online and purchased it at Rite Aid where they were (luckily) having a 2 for 1 sale.  I use it in the same was as the Alterna and it works just as good.  I love this stuff!  It is like liquid gold.  Normally I wouldn't advocate a product that you use a lot of but in this case, I think how much you use depends on your hair.  I keep a bottle at home and a bottle at work.  I often just spray a little bit on my ends when they are looking frazzled.  The smell is a little stronger than the Alterna which had a very nice, mellow smell, but it isn't bad and it is milder than the Moroccan Oil brand.  I just can't say enough good things about this product.  If your hair needs moisture or frizz control, I suggest you go out and get some right away!  You can thank me later.


Liquid Gold

http://www.organixhair.com/product/weightless-healing-oil
http://www.alternahaircare.com/bamboo/smooth/kendi-dry-oil-mist/

No comments:

Post a Comment